Fire at Kingdom Hall in Lacey caused by malfunctioning fan

Fire at Kingdom Hall in Lacey caused by malfunctioning fan

LACEY, WA – Firefighters with Lacey Fire District #3 were dispatched at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday afternoon to a report of smoke seen from the building at the Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witnesses on 6th Ave SE.

The fire immediately drew suspicion because Kingdom Halls in Thurston County have been a target for attacks over the last 6 months. In March, the Halls in Olympia and Tumwater were attacked by an arsonist but those fires were put out before they could cause much damage.

In Yelm, a Kingdom Hall was shot at. Bullets pierced glass, chairs, and walls. The building was unoccupied at the time. Then, on July 3rd, the Olympia location was set on fire again at 3:00 in the morning – this time it was destroyed.

Thankfully, today’s fire was determined to be caused by a malfunctioning ceiling fan. The fire was in a closet and was quickly knocked down, thanks to quick detection and the calling of 911, according to the Lacey Fire Department.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s