OLYMPIA – Capital Lakefair will choose four high school juniors this Saturday to serve as Princesses, and one to serve as Queen, for a year until next February. The event begins at 7 p.m. at the Hotel RL (Red Lion) in West Olympia.
There are eight candidates from each participating high school in the county.
- Kady Hautala from Capital High School;
- Juliet Huttar from Avanti High School;
- Sungyeon Jeong from Olympia High School;
- Irene Kang from North Thurston High School;
- Kennedy Baydo from Timberline High School;
- Sage Myers from River Ridge High School;
- Mady Ravelo from Tumwater High School;
- Jaclyn Tyner from Black Hills High School.
Each candidate receives a $500 scholarship, and those chosen to be on the court will receive an additional $2500. The queen will receive an additional $2000.